Car Accident Lawyer Nashville – Post-Accident Tips

Jay Stillman

2 min read

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle collision, it’s important to remember to take photos of the damage to your vehicle as soon as possible. Be sure you email them to your attorney, as well as the accident report if you have it.

If you have suffered any injuries, use any health insurance/Medicare for treatment. Fees will be repaid at the settlement at a reduced rate.

As a car accident victim, you are entitled to recover expenses for damages to your vehicle, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and any permanent disabilities or future treatments for your injuries.

It’s also important to remember that you must have documented medical treatment to prove injuries for pain and suffering and for any future health problems you may have. Simply telling a court you have been in pain is not sufficient to substantiate a personal injury claim.

Once a personal injury case is settled, you can never reopen that injury case again, so any treatment you need must be addressed before any settlement proceedings begin. If there has been minor impact or minor damage to your vehicle, there is a limit of how much treatment you can recover for. If the impact of your car accident is severe and your injuries are substantial, your recovery and compensation can be very high, depending on individual circumstances.

At Stillman & Friedland, we can assist you if you’ve been injured in a car accident and there is no charge if we do not recover any money for you. Please be sure to email any information and photos and we can advise you on what to do and will handle all of the details on your behalf.

We can either set up an appointment for you to come into our Nashville office, or I can send papers in the mail to sign and return and we can proceed with your claim.

It’s very important not to try and deal with insurance companies alone. They are professionals and their job is to save money and cut costs — all at your expense.

The State of Tennessee has a one-year-limit to either settle or file suit, so don’t delay. Call us now because time is of the essence.

We have 30 years of experience and are here to help you!

Jay Stillman
Stillmand & Friedland