When involved in any car or truck accident, it is extremely important not to delay in following the proper steps to protect your rights as an accident victim.
I cannot stress enough the importance of doing a few things correctly from the onset after an accident.
Here they are:
- Don’t allow any vehicles to be moved before the police arrive.
- If you are able, take as many photos as you can.
- Say only what you must when answering questions and explaining what happened. Less is best!
- Take the ambulance to the emergency room or get someone to take you that same day or night.
- File all treatments with any health insurance you may have.
- Call an experienced attorney within a day or two of your accident. DO NOT speak to any insurance adjusters!
Also, following the above points will also help your case in the event you need to make a claim for damages and injuries from any accident.
As always, you may call or email any time for information.
Auto and Truck Accident Lawyer
Stillman & Friedland