Nothing can ruin a vacation with the family faster than a car accident. More Americans are taking to the roads for summer vacations, especially as the costs and hassles of flying are higher than ever. In addition, simply put, Americans are just not welcome or safe in many countries overseas.
Driving with the kids, we’ve seen, whether on extended highway journeys, or on local day trips, provides multiple safety challenges.
As you load the family car for a family vacation this summer, remember these 5 safety tips and you will have a safer, more enjoyable vacation:
- Be sure your car maintenance is up to standards; no one wants a breakdown on the road, and poor maintenance can cause accidents.
- The car doesn’t move until everyone is buckled up.
- When loading the car, be sure all bags and items are secure, in the trunk, or placed on the floor in a way it cannot become a flying projectile in case of collision.
- Always carry a first aid kit so you can take care of scrapes and bites and tummy problems. Resolving these minor issues quickly will make your trip happier!
- Because the roads are busy, and a full family car can be distracting with children, music, cell phones, etc., use extra caution and keep focused on the road when driving this summer.
Safety will increase your enjoyment of a fun, safe summer vacation, and help you return home happy and healthy. Be sure to drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods!
Because We Care,
Stillman and Friedland Attorneys