Public Domain Images Courtesy: Wikimedia CommonsStillman and Friedland wish our clients and readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Let’s all have a safer and happier holiday season! Here are a few holiday tips to ensure this season is an enjoyable one:
- Still searching for extra holiday gifts? If your family and friends enjoy a lot of “holiday cheer,” why not add a taxi voucher to the list of gifts you will be giving? Make the taxi driver your designated driver and no one has to be excluded from the party. If the taxi voucher is not needed at Christmas, it can be used for New Year’s Eve.
- Here is another great gift, especially for newer drivers but a great refresher for experienced drivers as well: an eight-hour defensive driving course approved by TDOS. You can get a statewide list of accredited courses here on the State of Tennessee website.
- Good news! Police and THP will be out in full force over the holiday season to get DUI drivers off the road. Their work benefits everyone in keeping the roads safe.
- Eat smart! Add in filling food items like fancy produce and rich meats to round out your meal and not your figure. Cut back on starches. No need to serve potatoes and rice and bread. Sweet potatoes are a universal favorite, and less starchy than regular potatoes—avoid “gilding the lily” and adding sugar. Adding spices instead—such as lots of cinnamon—will add a flavor bonus.
- You do not have to deprive yourself! A nut-based dense and satisfying dark chocolate torte will wow your guests. Choose grass-fed butter or coconut oil instead of margarine, and reduce sugar by half. The flavor and texture will more than compensate for the reduced sweetness. Another bonus: Eating richer foods can slow alcohol absorption.
- Last but not least, when shopping for toys always choose age-appropriate and safe toys. Our key suggestion is to do your homework and select quality toys. Remember that kids share toys with siblings, so try to get toys that are safe for all your kids’ ages.
Once again, Stillman and Friedland wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Because we care…