Stillman & Friedland wants to share new science and medicine studies which can improve your health and healing from injuries.
Manage Your Type 2 Diabetes Better and Smarter, While Saving $2,000 Yearly
If you are already diabetic, you may have diabetic neuropathy. This is a serious problem today in America, where up to 50% of the population is diabetic or pre-diabetic, and is bound to affect you or someone you love. If you are recovering from an accident—from a vehicular injury or an on-the-job injury—the additional burden of diabetic neuropathy may slow or complicate your return to normal activity. Keep in mind that diabetes or pre-diabetes may be exacerbated by physical inactivity during your recovery period.
The Mayo Clinic defines several types of neuropathy related to Type 2 diabetes, including the most common, peripheral neuropathy which affects your legs first; in later stages your arms may also be affected.
Neuropathy symptoms appear gradually; the Mayo Clinic notes that warning signs include:
- Numbness or reduced ability to feel pain or temperature changes
- A tingling or burning sensation
- Sharp pains or cramps
- Increased sensitivity to touch — for some people, even the weight of a bed sheet can be agonizing
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of reflexes, especially in the ankle
- Loss of balance and coordination
- Serious foot problems, such as ulcers, infections, deformities, and bone and joint pain
How can you stop the progress of your diabetes symptoms and aid your recovery?
In the video below, Dr. Sarah Halberg, M.D. has a great TED talk which discusses how to beat obesity and diabetes. If you follow her plan, you may potentially get off insulin, and get back to better health. Share this information with your doctor and work with him or her so you can stop paying for medications as your health declines. All you have to lose is that excess weight and a pharmacy bill which may add up to thousands of dollars.
We hope you find this information helpful. At Stillman and Friedland, we continue to bring you the most up-to-date information for your well-being, while working hard to get you the restitution you deserve. Make the most of your healing and get the financial resources you need; at Stillman and Friedland, we cover every angle for you and your family.
Because we care…
The Stillman & Friedland Team
* This blog entry should not be construed as medical advice or treatment for any specific condition. Only a licensed medical professional can properly diagnose and treat medical conditions. If you have any question regarding your health, please consult with your healthcare provider.