Over Labor Day weekend, hitting the road becomes a popular option for Tennessee residents. Many want to participate in picnics, sporting activities, and other celebrations. All the fun comes with some obligations, one of which is driving carefully. Three-day weekends are more likely to result in auto accidents. Thankfully, AAA will be working to keep impaired drivers off the road for Labor Day weekend.
AAA Launches’ Tow To Go’
For the holiday season, the Auto Club Group is resuming its “Tow to Go” service, which offers sober drivers and their cars a safe means of transportation. From 6 pm on September 2 until 6 am on September 6, Tow to Go is operational.
More than 25,000 drunk drivers have been taken off the road by AAA Tow to Go. When requested, a tow truck takes the potential drunk driver and their vehicle within a 10-mile radius to a safe area. Although AAA asks that it be a backup plan, the service is free.
TOW TO GO GUIDELINES
- Provided from 6 pm Friday, September 2nd – 6 am Tuesday, September 6.
- Both AAA members and non-members can use it for free.
- Confidential local transportation within a 10-mile radius for one person and their vehicle.
- According to approved COVID-19 safety protocols, passengers are limited to one (1) per vehicle in AAA service cars. Other arrangements must be made for extra travelers.
- People cannot use tow to Go with scheduled appointments. It acts as a safety net for people who do not make plans. Always appoint a sober driver before a party.
Traffic Crash Fatalities in the United States
Intoxicated drivers are responsible for about one-third of all traffic crash fatalities in the US. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 32 people per day—or one every 45 minutes—die in drunk driving accidents in the United States.
“If you plan to celebrate the unofficial end of summer this weekend, make sure your plans include a safe ride home,” says AAA’s Megan Cooper. “Driving impaired is never a good idea, especially on busy holidays. Whatever you do, don’t drive impaired. If you can’t find a safe ride, call Tow to Go, and AAA can give you a lift.”
If you have plans to be on the road this Labor Day Weekend, we want to encourage you to stay safe on the road. If you need assistance on the road, call AAA 855-2-TOW-2-GO or 855-286-9246. We wish you and your family a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!
If you or a family member have been involved in an accident or were injured due to the negligence of another party, contact our Nashville-based office at 615-244-2111 for a free and confidential consultation. We will be happy to review your case at no cost to you.
Because we care…