How can a social security disability lawyer help me?
What are your chances of receiving Social Security Disability benefits?
At Stillman & Friedland, we are available to help you pursue your claim from day one. If you are no longer able to work, we will assess your chances of receiving Social Security Disability benefits. Free of charge.
Social Security Disability benefits are designed to assist individuals who can’t work due to physical injuries or illnesses, or mental conditions that are expected to last at least 12 months.
Social Security Disability Medical Qualifications:
• MUST be actively treating with a physician;
• MUST have a medical (mental and/or physical) condition diagnosed by a physician;
• MUST have physical and/or mental limitations/restrictions or be placed “off work” by your treating physician. Such restrictions need to prevent you from performing your occupation and/or any other significant occupation in the national economy, based upon your age, education and work experience.
While working, you receive one credit for each $1,260.00 of earnings, up to the maximum of four (4) credits per year. It doesn’t matter if you are self-employed or employed by someone else. These “credits” determine whether you are eligible to receive Social Security Disability.
Please learn more about credits by clicking to the following link: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10072.pdf
We will help you to prove the following:
• Your medical condition is diagnosed by a doctor with proper diagnostic criteria.
• Your diagnosed medical conditions are the cause of limitations and restrictions determined by your treating doctor.
• Residual Functional Capacity (RFC) evaluation such as Vocational Expert, Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) or a Medical Source Statement that establishes restrictions and limitations to preclude sufficient jobs and therefore renders you disabled.
• Objective testing showing that the condition exists at high enough level of severity to prevent you from obtaining gainful employment.
Attorney/Representative Fee Agreement:
By law, attorney/representative fees are limited and established for your protection, ensuring you receive your entitlement. Please click on the following link to obtain information regarding fee agreements: https://www.ssa.gov/representation/fee_agreements.htm
Contact our office today for a free and confidential consultation to learn about your rights, and to determine if you qualify for SSD benefits.
We are willing to confidentially handle your claim in-person or by phone, fax or email, whichever is more convenient for you.
We can start working for you by phone fax and email at no charge. To have Stillman & Friedland contact you regarding your SSD claim, please fill in your information on the ‘New Case Inquiry Form’ on the right hand side of this page.
We are here for you —- because we care!