No need to be a Scaredy Squirrel, just the basics!
Stillman and Friedland wish all of our clients and fellow Nashvilleans a very happy and festive holiday season! Make this a safe season too by following basic tips for fire prevention from the National Fire Protection Association:• Don’t overload electrical sockets with decorative lighting.
Work safely in the kitchen too! You can refer to our previous post for full coverage of essential kitchen safety tips, but we can summarize with the following pointers:
• Shop smart and select food in undamaged packaging. Buy food requiring cold storage last and keep foods like meat, poultry and fish in plastic bags so they cannot drip on other foods.
• Store raw meats and at the bottom of the refrigerator to avoid dripping on other foods.
• Follow basic kitchen safety to avoid burns and cuts
• Keeping hot food hot and cold food cold is the way to avoid food poisoning.
• Make a schedule for food preparation and use it as a checklist so nothing is left sitting out.
Lastly, avoid distracted and impaired driving. Drive carefully in slippery rainy, snowy and icy conditions. If you want to indulge in “holiday cheer” have a designated driver, or make sleepover plans.
We wish all of you a safe, meaningful, and Merry Christmas shared with family and friends!
Because we care…