A common complaint that we at Stillman and Friedland see all the time is back injury. The main reasons for this are that the back is prone to injury due to its structure and the load we put on it. Because so many people suffer from back problems — even if they have not had a traumatic injury—we have dedicated many posts to this topic.
Our goal is to give our clients and the public the best tools for better back health. As in the majority of health issues, there is much you yourself can do to improve your health and well-being.
This post is dedicated to a basic overview on improving back health and a list of links to our well-researched previous posts.
The key points to improving your back are:
1. Maintaining optimism, fitness and flexibility:
• A good attitude
• See the end of this post for tips on getting back to enjoying movement
2. Avoiding strain and working toward recovery without surgery:
• Quick tips to avoid adding more injury
• Points of vulnerability and how to move correctly
• Rehabilitation strategies
• Why surgery does not always work
3. Quitting smoking:
• Why smoking sabotages your recovery
4. Getting a good night’s sleep:
• Why sleep heals and eases pain
5. Anti-inflammatory diet: cutting out sugar and gluten, adding probiotics:
• Why sugar sabotages your recovery
• Peter Attia on diet and back pain a very useful “outside” post
• Why probiotics matter and how to boost them
6. Really solving pain issues, not just by pain meds which only mask the problem:
• Taking control of your health, getting rid of pain and avoiding addiction
Stillman and Friedland are committed to helping you get the best financial recovery you can get — that’s our professional responsibility. We also go the extra mile by researching the latest information on recovering your health. We do this because we know that it is important to increase the quality of your physical and emotional healing.
Our aim is to give you the tools to make informed decisions and act for yourself as an active participant in your healing process. We understand that every recovery is an individual challenge and Stillman and Friedland are here to support you.
Because we care…